October 19, 2010

Swimming!

I know this is my second post in one day, but here are some pics of the boys with me and my family at the pool. Seeing the boys wearing water wings reminded me of a time when I was swimming as a kid (here's some of those memoirs!). I had four water wings, and I thought that it would be extremely clever of me to try wearing all four at once. One on each ankle and one on each wrist. No sooner did I get them on then I was underwater! My body bent into a deep U-shape with my hands and feet above water. I also soon discovered that no matter how hard I struggled, my water wings wanted to stay on the surface of the water! After some frantic thrashing, I managed to get one of the wings off, which then had me with one leg suspended and the other grasping for the floor. When I had corrected the situation, I looked around to see if anyone had wittnessed my shame. No one had! But I certainly learned my lesson!



Ari also learned his lesson yesterday with the ball in this picture. I watched him with a mischievous gleam in his eye as he crouched on the edge of the pool, preparing to leap onto the top of the ball. He lept, and to his astonishment the ball rolled over on his weight and he was immediately underwater! I have never seen such a look of astonishment on his face as when he came up!

1 comment:

derrydown said...

Your post about being clever with the water wings reminds me of when I was a skinny kid at church camp. I somehow managed to get a life preserver around my waist and couldn't get it off again. The camp nurse had to cut it off with a saw, as it was made of some thick stuff reinforced with lots of metal wire. Yes, everybody noticed.